So why do WordPress users need VPN?
● Almost any user can log into the Wi-FI network in a public place and monitor your activity. If you enter the admin field of your WP website, your login credentials can be stolen.
● VPN will protect your data even if the site is accessible only via HTTP. This means you can safely log into any WordPress website even connecting to a public Wi-Fi network.
● Choosing VPN supporting assigned IP, you become able to create a white list of IP addresses. In this case, only these IP addresses will have access to significant fields of your WordPress site.
What Is A VPN?
VPN or Virtual Private Network.
A Virtual Private Network is a connection method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks. For instance, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. Corporations use Virtual Private Networks to protect sensitive data. However, using a personal VPN is increasingly becoming more popular as more interactions that were previously face-to-face transition to the Internet.
Increase privacy with a Virtual Private Network because the user’s initial IP address replaced with one from the Virtual Private Network provider. Subscribers can obtain an IP address from any gateway city the VPN service provides. For instance, you may live in San Francisco, but with a Virtual Private Network, you can appear to live in Amsterdam, New York, or any number of gateway cities.
Why do WordPress users need this service?
● To increase network security. The user installing the service gets a secure connection. All the data is transmitted over the network in an encrypted form, and therefore the data becomes inaccessible for third parties.
● It becomes possible for you to access websites blocked in your region. You can easily bypass any blocks by means of VPN service which transfers data in encrypted form making it impossible for others to see what you’re doing online.
● Access websites it is prohibited to visit in some regions. This usually refers to online broadcasts, since online networks often prohibit watching videos on certain territories. All this is easy to bypass since private networks let you connect to servers in the countries where broadcasting is allowed. In such a case, there won’t be any problems with watching your favorite shows and series.
How To Use A VPN?
Most VPNs will have their own processes, but the basic theory is that you install the VPN software on a device (such as your router, PC, or smartphone). Configuration could be as simple as entering your VPN username and password when you launch the software, but there are some VPNs which offer you more options.
These could involve selecting the security protocol you’d like to use, or manually choosing which server location you would prefer to connect to.