Memberships can be a crucial and lucrative part of running a business, and you can sell them whether you offer physical products, digital products, services, or a combination of these. If you’ve been considering memberships for your ecommerce-based business, then these five plugins might just give you the extra leverage you need.
#1 – MemberPress
In terms of popularity, MemberPress is one of the best WooCommerce membership plugins you can get. It offers tons of exciting and helpful features and packages them all into a simple, clean, and beautiful interface. Like all WooCommerce plugins, MemberPress has its ups and downs. The best parts include:
- Integration with existing APIs like MailChimp, GetResponse, MadMimi, and AWeber, which is simple and easy. You can even integrate with Amazon Web Services if podcasts will be part of your membership offerings.
- Drip content, which gives you the ability to open up certain content to members as they move through the membership ranks.
- Popular payment gateway options like PayPal and Stripe that can help ensure all your potential buyers are satisfied with their experiences.
- Content control features that allow you to restrict access to certain posts, pages, files, documents, or anything else to unique member groups. These automatically become available as your members change their benefits.
Unfortunately, MemberPress offers fewer payment gateways than many other WooCommerce membership plugins, which can be quite limiting. While it offers integration with some third-party services, it is limited in this regard, too. Finally, you’ll find yourself paying $99 a year for the standard Business Edition, or a whopping $199 a year for the Developer Edition.
#2 – Restrict Content Pro
When it comes to WooCommerce membership plugins, Restrict Content Pro earns a spot at the top of the list. It integrates directly into WordPress, which makes it easy to use. It offers up the ability to put all your content on your site, but restrict it based on membership tiers or availability. Features include the following:
- Ease of use that is unsurpassed by other similar plugins.
- Built-in integrations with popular services such as PayPal, MailPoet, CSV export, Stripe, and more. Often, these are additional paid addons – but not with Restrict Content Pro.
- Numerous payment gateway options including not only PayPal and Stripe, but also PayPal Express, 2Checkout, and others.
- Easy Digital Downloads integration makes Restrict Content Pro perfect for you if membership tiers dictate access to downloadable content.
- Fantastic tech support in the form of quick email response times and lots of documentation helps to ensure you will never feel in over your head.
Restrict Content Pro doesn’t integrate with as many services as its competitors, and it can get a little pricey if you run more than one website. However, unlike many plugins, this one offers an optional $499 lifetime plan that gives you unlimited access to this and other addons.
#3 – S2Member
S2Member has a regular version and a pro version, which ensures everyone will find something that works for them. It’s by far one of the most popular WooCommerce membership plugins out there, and for good reason. It has a tremendous fanbase due in part to its many features. Favorites include the ones below.
- Free base plugin means anyone can download the S2Member WooCommerce membership plugin and try it out. Features and support are limited, but you can get a feel for how it works.
- Content dripping allows you to schedule different items, pages, and downloads to open up for each member over time.
- Payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net keep things convenient for your members.
- Integrates with popular apps like MailChimp, bbPress, and BuddyPress, to name a few.
- Excellent support that includes access to an extensive knowledgebase of documents and forums for everyone, and access to fast email-based support for Pro users.
Though the base plugin is free, it doesn’t provide much in the way of features. For this, you can pay $89 for a single site license or just $189 for unlimited sites. Unfortunately, this is one of the least user-friendly WooCommerce membership plugins out there.
There are numerous other WooCommerce membership plugins out there from which you can choose, and they all vary in terms of price, features, and ease of use. Finding one that suits your unique needs and your budget might seem a little tough, but with a little research, it’s possible – and it could make your business truly stand out. The three options above are great places to start, so try the free versions and decide which features you prefer before spending a dime.